As The Whorer celebrates 5 years of podcasting, we’d like to share our goals and reaffirm our values for the new year. In 2017, The Whorer will…
- only feature films created by people of color, women, and LGBTQ folks for monthly podcast episodes.
- report on at least 1 new-to-us fan convention or film festival.
- continue to present and run panels about feminism and horror films at local (Tennessee) fan conventions.
- continue to self-educate and be mindful of our own implicit bias when reviewing films.
- continue to critique and challenge the kyriarchy through our focus on film and its industry.
In case you missed it, here’s our “5 Year Reflection” episode. Do you have a film to recommend for analysis? A must-experience event or topic for a fan panel? Share it with us!
Another year of Geek Media Expo has come and gone. Thanks to those of you who attended Fem and Lizbeth’s panel about gender in the Twin Peaks universe. The slides for Chug-a-lug, Donna: The Women of Twin Peaks can be viewed via the link below.
Coverage of our entire con experience will be available soon. You can also expect more Twin Peaks chatter as we gear up for the 2017 revival.
Obligatory Halloween event updates!
October 10: We’re celebrating Halloween with a listener request double feature – Mary Lambert’s Pet Sematary and Pet Sematary 2.
October 20: Join us in live-tweeting the new Rocky Horror Picture Show! 7:00PM CST on Fox! #rockyhorror @RockyHorrorFOX
October 28-30: You can expect business as usual at our favorite local fan con, Geek Media Expo. In addition to participating as press, Fem will be on a Twin Peaks panel with Lizbeth from Horror Metal Punk Girl (details forthcoming). Come hear us fangirl all over the series and see Fem’s cosplay. All shenanigans will be broadcast on Twitter (#Geekoween #GMXv8 @thewhorer) and recapped in early November.